As the COVID-19 situation develops, Indigenous Perspectives Society is taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our participants, staff and community. As of March 18, 2020, our offices will be closed to the public.
The IPS Cultural Perspectives Training planned for Tuesday, March 24th has now been cancelled. This is the only training being cancelled at this time. We will post updates about other training events closer to the training date and as the situation unfolds.
IPS staff will work using social distancing protocols and will continue to be available by phone or email. IPS encourages everyone to keep safe by doing the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid being in physical contact with others who are unwell, and, if you are unwell stay home.
- Practice social distancing – keep at least one or two meters between you and other people.
- If you have having symptoms – fever, cough, or difficulty breathing – call 811 and self–isolate.
- If you have recently travelled outside of Canada, self-isolate at home for at least 14 days.
A link to COVID-19 Public Service Announcements in Indigenous languages: https://bit.ly/33tkJ5K
Canadian Government Health link: Canada.ca/coronavirus
BC Centre for Disease Control link: http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
Thank you for helping us keep each other healthy. Please keep children safe, reassure them and help them to understand what is happening and what they can do to protect themselves and others around them.