Website Indigenous Perspectives Society
Are you eager to work in a dynamic environment where your passion for knowledge-sharing creates excellence through training and leadership? Are you willing to help nurture a deeper understanding of Indigenous perspectives and cultural differences? We are a not for profit organization dedicated to strengthening the lives and voices of Indigenous people, and we are looking for an energetic and confident Instructor to join our dedicated team. We are looking for an Instructor to deliver child welfare training to front-line social workers working in a Delegated Indigenous Child and Family Service Agency.
In this role you can display your love of bringing ideas and theories to life while fostering meaningful dialogue that boosts self-determination and social change for Indigenous communities. As an instructor, you will be sharing your natural aptitude for developing, reviewing, and delivering curriculum. The successful candidate will may have the opportunity to travel within BC. Travel costs will be reimbursed to a maximum that may be negotiated.
Are you a confident and natural teacher, coach, and mentor? If you thrive in a dynamic environment, have a passion for adult education, and are enthusiastic about working in partnership with Indigenous families, Elders, and communities, then we want to talk with you!
Who are we? Indigenous Perspectives Society: Centre for Excellence in Community Education is a provincial not for profit organization that strengthens the voice of Indigenous communities through culturally relevant education, professional development, research and policy. For 25 years, our programs have been fostering a deeper understanding of Indigenous perspectives and cultural differences and helping build successful relationships with Indigenous communities, stakeholders and government partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor of Social Work or a related degree
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in an Indigenous Child and Family Services Agency
• Thorough knowledge of Indigenous social work specifically in Child Welfare, and knowledge of legislation, regulations and practice standards pertaining to Indigenous Child & Family Services
• Demonstrated experience in adult education instruction and delivery
• Sound knowledge of Indigenous communities, cultures, traditions and practices in B.C.
• Proficiency with computer software including MS Office, databases, PowerPoint, delivering virtually and delivering to blended audiences
• Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry
Salary: $70-75,000 Annually plus benefits and RRSP matched contribution program.
Please view the complete position description here: INSTRUCTOR / CONTRACT INSTRUCTOR FOR THE INDIGENOUS CHILD AND FAMILY SOCIAL WORK TRAINING
Please send your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your strengths and experience make you the ideal fit to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Instructor: ICFST’ as the subject line. Applications open until filled.
*The Indigenous Perspectives Society thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.