Community in Support of Indigenous Families: Understanding Abuse and Neglect
This one day training course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perceive intergenerational effects of trauma; recognize the indicators of all forms of child abuse and neglect; foster resilience through cultural connection; and communicate about abuse and neglect with kids and youth in a safe, trauma-informed manner.
- Explore the legal definitions of abuse and neglect
- Deepen understanding of the assessment process of child abuse and neglect
- Integrate knowledge gained by practicing application of skills in case scenarios and role plays
- Next Training Date: Wednesday, April 7th, 2021
- Location: ONLINE
- Length: 7 hours
- Time: 9 am to 4 pm
- Cost: $250 per person (for training sessions at IPS with a minimum of 10 participants) *Tuition receipts are available on request.
Indigenous Perspectives Society delivers training throughout British Columbia and across Canada. To accommodate your learning needs, please contact us at your earliest convenience to inquire about our availability for your desired training. IPS requires at least 1 month of preparation after contract signing.
Payments can be made by cheque or money order at Indigenous Perspectives Society and credit card online via PayPal. Refunds are available before training begins and within the first week for programs. Tuition receipts are available on request.
For more information please contact: