Next Training Date: TBD
Length: 1.5 days
Cost: TBD per participant
This course is designed to assist and support Nations currently working towards jurisdiction by:
- Introducing the Federal Legislation, Bill C-92: An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families
- Solidifying a clear understanding of the purpose of the Federal Act
- Engaging participants to consider next steps and potential processes required to implement the Act
- Understand the framework of An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, Youth and Families
- How to apply the national standards and content of the Act
- Define how the Federal Act interacts with the CFCSA
- How Indigenous Laws intersect with the Act
Indigenous Perspectives Society: Centre of Excellence in Community Education delivers training throughout British Columbia, Canada , and Internationally. Our trainings are provided to the public and/or offered privately
Public trainings are as advertised on the website and can be registered for online at any time. Please visit our Registration Page for more information. these courses run with a minimum 10 participants.
If you are interested in a privately contracted delivery of any of our trainings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our availability to deliver your desired training, your timeline as to when you would like the training and with any specific customization requests. IPS requires at least one month after contract signing for course preparation.
Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions
*Payments to IPS can be made by cheque, EFT, money order or by credit card online via PayPal. Tuition receipts are available on request. Please review our Refund Policy.