Next Training Date: TBD
Length: 1.5 days
Cost: $425.00 per participant
This course is designed to assist and support Nations currently working towards jurisdiction by:
- Introducing the Federal Legislation, Bill C-92: An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families
- Solidifying a clear understanding of the purpose of the Federal Act
- Engaging participants to consider next steps and potential processes required to implement the Act
- Understand the framework of An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, Youth and Families
- How to apply the national standards and content of the Act
- Define how the Federal Act interacts with the CFCSA
- How Indigenous Laws intersect with the Act
Indigenous Perspectives Society delivers training throughout British Columbia and across Canada. This training is provided to the public and is also offered privately, to interested groups of 10 or more participants. Public trainings are as advertised on the website and can be registered for online at any time. Please visit our Registration Page for more information.
If you are interested in a privately contracted delivery of any of our trainings, please contact Karman Lippitt: email@example.com to inquire about our availability to deliver your desired training, your timeline as to when you would like the training and with any specific customization requests. IPS requires at least one month after contract signing for course preparation.
*Payments to IPS can be made by cheque, EFT, money order or by credit card online via PayPal. Refunds are available before training begins and within the first week of longer programs. Tuition receipts are available on request.