Next Training Date: See below for dates
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Voluntary Services covers a range of important and valuable topics in weeks one through four of the Aboriginal Social Work Training Program. An example of some of the topics covered in Voluntary Services include:
- Residential School and the Truth and Reconciliation
- Resilient Practitioners
- Preventative Measures
- Family Violence
- Child Development
- Family Home Care
The ASW training program is a unique program delivered within the community context of the Indigenous Child and Family Service Agencies and it provides a range of information regarding practices and a collaborate approach to practice within Indigenous communities in BC.
- Week 1: May 3-7
- Week 2: May 10-14
- Week 3: May 25, 26, 27, 28, 31
- Week 4: June 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
- Week 1: August 30, 31, September 1, 2, 3
- Week 2: September 7, 8, 9, 10, 13
- Week 3: September 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
- Week 4: September 27, 28, 29, 30, October 1
- VS Week 1: January 10-14, 2022
VS Week 2: January 17-21, 2022
VS Week 3: January 31-February 4, 2022
VS Week 4: February 7-February 11, 2022
The Aboriginal Social Work Training Program incorporates thorough coverage of the technical skills and knowledge relating to the Child, Family and Community Service Act, and other relevant legislation and policy. The delivery of the curriculum is structured to reflect the cumulative authorities of the Delegation Matrix. As such, individuals participate in Voluntary Services and then proceed to Guardianship and Child Protection.
Indigenous Perspectives Society delivers training throughout British Columbia and across Canada. This training is provided to the public and is also offered privately, to interested groups of 10 or more participants. Public trainings are as advertised on the website and can be registered for online at any time. Please visit our Registration Page for more information.
If you are interested in a privately contracted delivery of any of our trainings, please contact Karman Lippitt: email@example.com to inquire about our availability to deliver your desired training, your timeline as to when you would like the training and with any specific customization requests. IPS requires at least one month after contract signing for course preparation.
*Payments to IPS can be made by cheque, EFT, money order or by credit card online via PayPal. Refunds are available before training begins and within the first week of longer programs. Tuition receipts are available on request.