Website Vantage Point
At Vantage Point, we uplift not-for-profit organizations by convening, connecting, and equipping leaders to enhance organizational capacity. We support the sector by:
- growing as a living laboratory that practices a spirit of abundance,
- curating tools and promising practices that can benefit not-for-profits; and,
- convening community conversations in support of sector capacity.
We focus on strengths and create opportunities to lift the capacity of our members, participants, and clients to be successful in their vision and mission and build networks of generative leaders to support the well-being of communities across the province.
As a member of the Government Relations and Sector Development Team, the Sector Development Coordinator plays a pivotal role in the collection, communication and coordinating of information that will support sector success. Working closely with the Director, the Sector Development Coordinator will engage with a large variety of stakeholders, with a focus on not-for-profit member organizations, funding agencies and departments in different regions of the province, as well as umbrella organizations in the not-for-profit sector in other provinces with an eye to strengthening Vantage Point’s relationships with existing partners and identifying new organizations with whom to partner.
Commitment to EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion)
Vantage Point is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team and providing equitable opportunities in our recruitment processes. Individuals with life experience and knowledge of promising practices in EDI are encouraged to apply. Vantage Point is particularly interested in considering applications from Indigenous, Black, Asian, Latinx, Indigequeer, Two-Spirited, and LGBTQ+ communities, people with disabilities, or people who hold otherwise traditionally marginalized identities to reflect the sector we serve and our collective communities.
- Researching network models that other provinces use to build community in the not-for-profit sector in their region.
- Communications outreach and stakeholder engagement to build and strengthen working relationships between Vantage Point and not-for-profit organizations in BC.
- Liaise with staff and officials in municipal and provincial government offices to share and seek information relevant to not-for-profit organizations in BC.
- Support the design and execution of events with not-for-profit leaders, such as town halls, information sessions, and meetings with government decision makers.
- Draft newsletters and communications pieces for Vantage Point members.
- Generate ideas, based on research of successful models in other provinces, of how not-for-profit organizations in BC can collaborate to advance shared advocacy goals.
- Programs and services: Works closely with the Programs & Communications Teams to build and maintain good working relationships in various communities/regions beyond Metro Vancouver to support regional engagement in Vantage Point’s programs and service.
- Provide event planning support for regional townhalls
- Monitor announcements, public policies and new opportunities impacting the development of BC’s not-for-profit sector for the purposes of supporting members and stakeholders to quickly access information and news that may impact the sector.
- Provide research and coordination support to special projects at Vantage Point that will benefit the sector as a whole, particularly seeking resources that may be developed for individual clients but have sector-wide implications.
- Where needed, brief the Director and CEO on emerging issues.
- Engage provincial contacts in conversations to identify the impacts of policies on organizations, highlighting their challenges, issues, merits.
- With the support of the team, coordinate the curation of timely, accessible, sector-relevant resources (non-delivery resources), available to not-for-profits across the province.
- Identify the scope and characteristics of local not-for-profit ecosystems, identifying the organizations and individuals involved in regions around BC.
- Coordinate Vantage Point’s convening role in various not-for-profit networks, introducing and connecting contacts across networks for collaboration and other purposes.
- Keep VP informed about new potential clients/partners for the team to further explore.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Post-secondary education in sociology, political science, research or a related field
- Understanding of and two or more years’ experience with the not-for-profit sector in BC
- Strong research skills and analytic thinking competency; familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Research and analytic thinking skills
- Willingness and passion to learn
- Commitment to Vantage Point’s five Organizational Principles and mutually developed Staff Team Values.
Reports to: Director of Government Relations and Sector Development
· Second Sector Development Coordinator
· Communications Team, and
· Other staff
This is a full-time position (35 hours/weekly) for a one-year term and is in the Coordinator 2 range as per our People Policies which is $48-60,000; however, it is budgeted at a hiring range of $48,000–53,000 with 4% in lieu of benefits and 3 weeks of paid vacation.
Vantage Point’s offices are located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded lands of the Coast Salish Peoples, including that of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations in downtown Vancouver currently operating in a hybrid work environment that combines a practice of 2 to 3 days of on-site office work with remote work during a regular work week.
In our commitment to prioritize and ensure the health and safety of our team members, Vantage Point, has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring all employees who work for Vantage Point to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be made for an exemption based on the BC Human Rights Code protected grounds; these will be reviewed and discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Applications (resume and cover letter) can be emailed in PDF format (as one document) to People Manager (Vantage Point), Shagun Bhanot at firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day Monday, July 4th, 2022. Please use the format of “Sector Development Coordinator – Last Name-First Name” in the subject line of email. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
For any accommodation requests, please feel free to reach out to Shagun Bhanot, People Manager Vantage Point at email@example.com and we will try our best to honour your requests during the application and interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.