Website Vancouver Aboriginal Child & Family Services Society (VACFSS)
Position: Accounting Clerk
Status: Permanent full time; Union
Location: 745 Clark Drive, Vancouver BC
Salary: $2,196.17 – $2,483.98 bi-weekly
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Posted: August 8th, 2023
Closing: Screening asap, open until filled.
At VACFSS, we ensure that the rights, safety, well-being and spirit of Indigenous children and families are upheld, honoured, and protected. We strive to eliminate oppression, discrimination, and marginalization within our community. We acknowledge and honor the inherent wisdom, capacity, and resourcefulness of our community in designing programs and services to care for our own children and families. Accordingly, we are dedicated to planning, developing, and implementing creative and innovative Indigenous programs and services in collaboration with members of our community and other agencies.
- Join an Agency that strives to provide services to strengthen Indigenous families culturally and spiritually!
- Receive a competitive salary of $57,296.54 – $64,805.30 annually PLUS a comprehensive benefits package!
- Take on a challenging role that provides membership in the Public Service Pension Plan!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Senior Financial Accountant and is responsible for daily accounting tasks. Duties include data entry, accounts payables (A/P), accounts receivables (A/R), bank and general ledger (GL), reconciliations, creating and updating spreadsheets, as well as maintenance of records. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the Resources and payment system for foster caregivers. This position also participates in training and instruction as directed and other work may be assigned consistent with the qualifications and experience within the Grid 15 classification. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and organize the complete A/P cycle and the maintenance of A/P files and adhere to payment deadlines.
- Receive and verify invoices and cheque requisitions.
- Ensure cheque requisitions have proper back up attached and proper signatures.
- Code, verify, and send to supervisor for authority to pay.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry.
- Post the invoices in the A/P module.
- Print cheques and distribute accordingly.
- Manage accurate payment to caregivers maintaining payment deadlines, updating and reconcile control sheets as well as prepare bank file for transfer of caregiver payments.
- Code, verify and post transactions to journal, ledgers, bank statement and other records.
- Perform reconciliation of GL accounts as well as reconcile bank statement at month end.
- Maintaining accurate records, documentation and investigating incorrect accounting entries.
- Prepare and deposit cash receipts ensuring records are kept.
- Provide back up for the other accounting staff when required.
- Ensure compliance with VACFSS policies and procedures.
- Tag and record Capital Assets.
- Maintain various reports by regularly updating files, reports, spreadsheet.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Performs all tasks, other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Financial Accountant or Manager of Finance and IT.
- May provide backup coverage for payroll as needed.
A comprehensive position profile will be available at the time of interview.
- Minimum 2-year Accounting Diploma; and
- Minimum of 5-years experience with A/P, A/R, payroll, invoices, bank and GL account reconciliations; and
- Proficiency in using Windows based computer applications is required
- Payroll certificate preferred; or willingness to obtain
- Recognized Payroll Certificate
- Experience with Great Plains and Payworks
- Relational Engagement
- Collaborative Planning and Decision Making
- Emotional Competency
- Cultural, Spiritual Expression
- This position requires Union membership.
- Applications will be accepted from applicants of all genders.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available in the office.
- Extended health and dental
- Group life and AD&D
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid premiums
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Public Service Pension Plan
- Access to VACFSS’ Staff Cultural Clinical Counselor, Elder
- Access to Indigenous Cultural Teachings as coordinated by the Agency
- Participation in the flex program after completing probation.
Applicants may apply by completing the Application on the Employment Opportunities webpage www.vacfss.com or by using the following link: https://www.vacfss.com/join-us/apply-for-a-job/. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Situated on the unceded and occupied territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and Stó:lō nations.
To apply for this job please visit www.vacfss.com.