Website Vancouver Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society
At VACFSS, we ensure that the rights, safety, well-being and spirit of Indigenous children and families are upheld, honoured and protected. We strive to eliminate oppression, discrimination, and marginalization within our community. We acknowledge and honour the inherent wisdom, capacity, and resourcefulness of our community in designing programs and services to care for our own children and families. Accordingly, we are dedicated to planning, developing, and implementing creative and innovative Indigenous programs and services in collaboration with members of our community and other agencies.
- Join an Agency that strives to provide services to strengthen Indigenous families culturally and spiritually!
- Receive a competitive salary of $43,758.82 to $49,357.30 per year PLUS a comprehensive benefits package!
- Take on a challenging role that provides membership in the Public Service Pension Plan!
Reporting to Guardianship Office Manager, the role of the Guardianship Administrative Assistant is to provide a variety of confidential and professional administrative support services to the Program and teams.
This position will assist by maintaining client files, preparing documentations, correspondence, reports and other information as required utilizing various computer applications; and providing switchboard duties as needed. Some other administrative duties include ordering/requesting applicable forms, booklets, or program supplies, completing large volume mail outs using mail merge and completing computer entry to the client case management system. These functions and all other duties will be performed in a courteous, professional manner and require working collaboratively in a team environment. Successful candidates will be task orientated and willing to demonstrate effective teamwork, initiative, organization, and interpersonal skills. This role is a frontline position where you will be the first contact with our clients, partner agencies/organizations and other professional colleagues.
A complete job description will be provided to candidates to review during the interview process.
· Relational Engagement
· Collaborative Planning and Decision Making
· Emotional Competency
· Cultural, Spiritual Expression
Education, Training and Experience:
· A certificate in an administrative program; and
· Five years’ experience working in an office setting.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Knowledge of various filling systems and maintenance.
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities
· Criminal Record Check for Working with Vulnerable Children or Adults
Job Skills and Abilities:
· Proven work experience in administration or similar role in a fast pace and stressful work environment.
· Proficiency in using Windows based computer applications including MS Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel, Work, Word, and PowerPoint) and other standard computer applications.
· An ability to quickly learn new computer applications and programs.
· Ability to type 50 wpm keyboarding is required.
· Knowledge of and ability to maintain filing systems.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with team members, other VACFSS colleagues, and personnel of other agencies in the community.
· Ability to work with clients in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner.
· Ability to engage with emotionally heightened clients or clients facing stressful situations.
· Well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· This position requires Union membership.
· Applications will be accepted from applicants of all genders.
· Preference may be given to qualified Indigenous candidates as per Section 41 of the Human Rights Code
· This position requires the incumbent to be available in the office and follow COVID-19 safety guidelines and protocols. Remote work is unavailable.
· Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for staff/ VACFSS will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
· Extended health and dental
· Group life and AD&D
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· 100% employer-paid premiums
· 3 weeks of vacation
· Public Service Pension Plan
· Access to VACFSS’ Staff Cultural Clinical Counselor, Elder
· Access to Indigenous Cultural Teachings as coordinated by the Agency
Participation in the Accumulated Time Off Program after passing probation
To apply for this job please visit www.vacfss.com.