Website Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services
Who We Are: Located on the traditional territories of the Lkwungen People, Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services’ (SCCFS) vision is to support the empowerment of the urban Indigenous community to continue the reclamation of traditional systems of caring for and protecting children so no child or youth will be placed into care. As an urban Delegated Indigenous Agency, SCCFS is committed to providing child and family services strongly rooted in Indigenous cultural values and world views while ensuring urban Indigenous children and youth grow up connected to family, community, and culture.
Surrounded by Cedar receives its delegation through the Provincial Director of Child Welfare, who gives the agency the authority to undertake administration of parts of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (CFCSA). Under its current delegation agreement, Surrounded by Cedar administers C4 services (Guardianship).
SCCFS strives to be a culturally safe employer, with a keen focus on Indigenous recruitment and retention. While working at the agency, employees will be involved in various cultural knowledge sharing opportunities, activities, and ceremonies, while being actively engaged in urban Indigenous community events.
The Opportunity: Join a team that values your contributions and allows you to grow your career while utilizing your unique skills, creativity, and passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of urban Indigenous children, youth and families. In the role as Team Leader, Guardianship & Permanency Planning, you will have the opportunity to:
- Supervise a team of delegated practitioners while grounding the clinical supervision approach in Indigenous worldviews and ways of knowing and being
- Mentor and support delegated practitioners to meet their professional development goals
- Vision and grow the Guardianship & Permanency Planning program, ensuring high quality services to urban Indigenous children, youth, young adults and families
- Work collaboratively with community partners, Indigenous Nations and stakeholders
- Participate as a member of the agency’s leadership team
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Child & Youth Care; Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Child & Youth Care; Bachelor of Arts in a related human services field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working within Indigenous child welfare environments.
- At least 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Currently hold C4 delegation or be eligible for C4 delegation at the time of hire.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings/weekends and willing to travel, at times on short notice.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have completed Supervisory Training.
- Current B.C. Class 5 Driver’s license, satisfactory driver’s abstract, adequate vehicle insurance including business coverage and access to a safe reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a matched RRSP contribution plan
- A healthy working environment rooted in Indigenous ways of knowing and being
- Flexible work schedules and leave opportunities that promote work/life/family balance
- Physical wellness funds to support your overall well-being
- Professional development and learning opportunities to enhance your skills
Apply Now! Visit www.surroundedbycedar.com for more information about this position, the agency and to view the full job description.
Wage: $79,530.36 – $90,884.16 annually, depending on experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Apply online, or submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Maren Gray, Executive Assistant
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit surroundedbycedar.com.