Website Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services
Who We Are: Located on the traditional territories of the Lkwungen People, Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services’ (SCCFS) vision is to support the empowerment of the urban Indigenous community to continue the reclamation of traditional systems of caring for and protecting children so no child or youth will be placed into care. As an urban Delegated Indigenous Agency, SCCFS is committed to providing child and family services strongly rooted in Indigenous cultural values and world views while ensuring urban Indigenous children and youth grow up connected to family, community, and culture.
Surrounded by Cedar receives its delegation through the Provincial Director of Child Welfare, who gives the agency the authority to undertake administration of parts of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (CFCSA). Under its current delegation agreement, Surrounded by Cedar administers C4 services (Guardianship).
SCCFS strives to be a culturally safe employer, with a keen focus on Indigenous recruitment and retention. While working at the agency, employees will be involved in various cultural knowledge sharing opportunities, activities and ceremonies, while being actively engaged in urban Indigenous community events.
The Opportunity: Join a team that values your contributions and allows you to grow your career while utilizing your unique skills, creativity and passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of urban Indigenous children, youth and families. In the role as Practice Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Mentor practice across delegated and non-delegated program areas, ensuring the foundation for practice is strongly rooted in Indigenous cultural values and beliefs
• Provide supervision, coaching, vision, direction and guidance to the agency’s Team Leaders
• Build and maintain strong professional relationships with protocol partners, community agencies, stakeholders, and Indigenous communities across Turtle Island
• Serve as a collaborative member of the agency’s Leadership Team
• Promote a healthy and holistic workplace culture that aligns with the agency’s Core Values
What You Will Bring to the Role:
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Child & Youth Care or a related discipline
• Minimum of 7 years delegated child welfare experience, with a solid understanding of guardianship, permanency planning and resource practice
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience within a delegated child welfare setting
• Current C4 delegation
• Eligible for C6 delegation in British Columbia (C6 experience will be considered an asset)
• Ability to travel on a consistent basis, at times on short notice
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license, a safe and reliable vehicle, and a favourable driver’s abstract
• Clear criminal records check
What We Have to Offer:
• Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a matched RRSP contribution plan
• A healthy working environment rooted in Indigenous ways of knowing and being
• Flexible work schedules and leave opportunities that promote work/life/family balance
• Physical wellness funds to support your overall well-being
• Professional development and learning opportunities to enhance your skills
Apply Now! Visit www.surroundedbycedar.com for more information about this position, the agency and to view the full job description.
Wage: $92,700.24 – $112,677.72 annually, depending on experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Deadline to Apply: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Apply online, or submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Maren Gray, Executive Assistant
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Maren@sccfs.com.