Website Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services
Who We Are: Located on the traditional territories of the Lək̓ʷəŋən People, Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services’ (SCCFS) vision is to support the empowerment of the urban Indigenous community to continue the reclamation of traditional systems of caring for and protecting children so no child or youth will be placed into care. As an urban Delegated Indigenous Agency, SCCFS is committed to providing child and family services strongly rooted in Indigenous cultural values and world views while ensuring urban Indigenous children and youth grow up connected to family, community, and culture.
Surrounded by Cedar receives its delegation through the Provincial Director of Child Welfare, who gives the agency the authority to undertake administration of parts of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (CFCSA). Under its current delegation agreement, Surrounded by Cedar administers C4 services (Guardianship).
SCCFS strives to be a culturally safe employer, with a keen focus on Indigenous recruitment and retention. While working at the agency, employees will be involved in various cultural knowledge sharing opportunities, activities, and ceremonies, while being actively engaged in urban Indigenous community events.
The Opportunity: Join a team that values your contributions and allows you to grow your career while utilizing your unique skills, creativity, and passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of urban Indigenous children, youth, and families. In the role as Administrative Assistant – Delegated Support, you will have the opportunity to:
- Offer various levels of administrative support to our delegated teams while providing a welcoming and client centered environment for urban Indigenous children, youth, young adults, and families.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic and physical filing systems.
- Use several information management systems including the Ministry Information Systems (MIS), Integrated Case Management (ICM), Resource and Payments System (RAP), and Enterprise Document Management System (EDRMS).
- Participate in various agency activities, committees, cultural events and learning opportunities.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Grade 12 diploma and/or certificate in an administrative program or an equivalent combination of education and at least 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Experience working in an Indigenous or child welfare organization is considered an asset and may be given preference.
- Availability Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, a safe and reliable vehicle, and a favourable driver’s abstract.
- Clear criminal records check.
What We Have to Offer:
- A healthy working environment rooted in Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
- A strong, diverse, and experienced Administrative Team.
- Professional development and learning opportunities to enhance your skills.
Apply Now! Visit www.surroundedbycedar.com for more information about this position, the agency and to view the full job description.
Wage: $43,758.80 – $49,357.30 annually, depending on experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis, or Inuit as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Deadline to Apply: Monday November 07, 2022 at 11:59pm
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Apply online, or submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Alana Proia, Office Manager
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.