Website Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services
Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services is seeking a full-time, temporary (12-months) Administrative Assistant, Receptionist to support our team at our Admirals Road location!
The Opportunity: Join a team that values your contributions and allows you to grow your career while utilizing your unique skills, creativity and passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of urban Indigenous children, youth and families. In the role as Administrative Assistant, Reception, you will have the opportunity to:
- Warmly greet and assist visitors to the agency, ensuring their comfort, and connecting them to SCCFS workers.
- Answer incoming phone calls, respond to basic inquiries about the work of SCCFS, and connect callers to the appropriate person within the organization.
- Coordinate the agency’s incoming and outgoing mail, along with orders for supplies, community pantry items, furniture, bus tickets and other essential items.
- Liaise with various vendors and suppliers regarding office equipment and assets.
- Support agency employees with travel requests and bookings.
- Provide administrative support to a range of professionals within the organization.
- Participate as a key member of the Administration Team.
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wages.
- A healthy working environment rooted in Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
- Flexible work schedules and leave opportunities that promote work/life/family balance.
- Professional development and learning opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Opportunities to participate in agency and community cultural events and activities.
Apply Now! Visit https://surroundedbycedar.com for more information about this position, the agency and to view the full job description.
Wage: $48,729.07 – $54,899.19 annually, depending on experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis, or Inuit as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Deadline to Apply: Thursday August 17, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Apply online, or submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Alana Proia, Office Manager
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An eligibility list may be established.
To apply for this job please visit surroundedbycedar.com.