Website Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services
Who We Are: Located on the traditional territories of the Lək̓ʷəŋən People, Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services’ (SCCFS) vision is to support the empowerment of the urban Indigenous community to continue the reclamation of traditional systems of caring for and protecting children so no child or youth will be placed into care. As an urban Delegated Indigenous Agency, SCCFS is committed to providing child and family services strongly rooted in Indigenous cultural values and world views while ensuring urban Indigenous children and youth grow up connected to family, community, and culture.
Surrounded by Cedar receives its delegation through the Provincial Director of Child Welfare, who gives the agency the authority to undertake administration of parts of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (CFCSA). Under its current delegation agreement, Surrounded by Cedar administers C3 (Voluntary Services) and C4 services (Guardianship).
SCCFS strives to be a culturally safe employer, with a keen focus on Indigenous recruitment and retention. While working at the agency, employees will be involved in various cultural knowledge sharing opportunities, activities and ceremonies, while being actively engaged in urban Indigenous community events.
The Opportunity: Join a team that values your contributions and allows you to grow your career while utilizing your unique skills, creativity, and passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of urban Indigenous children, youth and families. In the role as Human Resources Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager & the Executive Director to coordinate the agency’s Human Resources program, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Coordinate all Human Resources training programs. Provide necessary education and materials including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- In alignment with the agency’s Recruitment and Onboarding Manual, leads recruitment and hiring processes with a focus on recruiting a strong and talented workforce.
- Reviews and recommends edits to existing Human Resources policies and procedures, or the implementation of new Human Resources policies and procedures pertaining to employee relations and employee rights.
- Serves as a collaborative member to the Leadership Team to ensure a healthy and productive work environment where employees work together to achieve individual, departmental and agency goals.
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Organization Development.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Human Resource related positions.
- An equivalent combination of education and at least five (5) years of Human Resource related experience will be considered.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, and safety preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations preferred.
- Current B.C. Class 5 Driver’s license, satisfactory driver’s abstract, adequate vehicle insurance including business coverage and
- Clear criminal records check.
- Experience working within the Indigenous community and with Indigenous people.
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a matched RRSP contribution plan
- A healthy working environment rooted in Indigenous ways of knowing and being.
- Flexible work schedules and leave opportunities that promote work/life/family balance.
- Physical wellness funds to support your overall well-being.
- Professional development and learning opportunities to enhance your skills.
Apply Now! Visit www.surroundedbycedar.com for more information about this position, the agency and to view the full job description.
Wage: $76,047.18 – $86,668.39 annually, depending on experience.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis, or Inuit as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday November 22, 2023, at 11:59pm.Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, what specific skills and experience you will bring, and how your qualifications will make you successful in this role.
Apply online, or submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
Lottie LeBlanc, Office Manager
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit surroundedbycedar.com.