Medical Device product development and prototype manufacturing
StarFish Medical is experiencing growth, and we are searching for a detail-oriented Assembly and Service Technician in Victoria, BC, to work on cutting edge technology with their high energy manufacturing team. We are interested in Jr, Intermediate and Sr level candidates. In these roles you will focus on assembling, testing, documenting and servicing a wide range of medical devices, from prototypes in development to market-ready medical devices. StarFish Medical focuses on new product introduction and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
As the Assembly and Service Technician, you will be highly organized, self-motivated, and comfortable meeting a demanding shipping schedule. Attention to detail in the assembly and documentation of products is imperative for working in a quality management system.
This position reports directly to the Production & Planning Manager.
StarFish Medical offers:
- An award-winning company culture with strong guiding principles, and a tight-knit, collaborative engineering team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work. Galloping Goose access is close by
- Free parking on-site or around the premises
Your day as an Assembly and Service Technician include:
- Providing mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance to the company’s quality management system; which will require the use of adhesives, soldering irons, electrical safety testing and various tools within the facility
- Inspect incoming materials in accordance with items masters, drawings and company quality systems
- Liaise with product development to implement design changes and new products into manufacturing
- Document NCR’s, RMA’s and product history in accordance with the company’s quality systems
- Assess and service products in-house or in the field according to company procedures
- Follow all company health and safety policies and requirements including usage, care and storage of personal protective equipment
- Provide support to other areas of the company including, but not limited to, Quality Assurance, Product Development and Supply Chain
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
- Diploma/Degree in manufacturing, engineering, technology or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with mechanical assembly, electronic assembly and system troubleshooting
- Ability to lift, pull and move parts with estimated weight 15lbs
- The ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions
- An understanding of ISO Quality Systems
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft), experience with SharePoint and ERP software an asset
- Knowledge on Electronics and Printed Circuit boards assembly and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of IPC Standard 610, 7711 and 7721
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide support to other departments/teams as required
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at StarFish Medical. Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
StarFish Medical is a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 23 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge. We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful, sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning, delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “Assembly & Service Technician| Job Portal Issue” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.