Website Public Guardian and Trustee
Public Guardian and Trustee
Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria
Due to the nature of the position, only people of Indigenous heritage who meet the qualifications for the position will be considered.
Remote work is allowed, this position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia subject to an approved telework agreement. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations
Manager, Child and Youth Indigenous Services
$74,300.00 – $105,000.04 annually
An opportunity for you to support and promote change for Indigenous children in BC
The Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) is here to help citizens who may be incapable, are under the age of 19 or who are deceased.
Within the PGT, the Child and Youth Services Division (CYS), protects the legal and financial interests of children and youth under many different provincial laws. CYS works on behalf of and directly with children and youth and also engages with parents, guardians and support networks. CYS provides services to children and youth under three main areas: trust services, property guardian services and protective legal reviews.
Using a trauma-informed approach and taking a child centred approach, the Manager, Child and Youth Indigenous Services is responsible for managing the planning and facilitation of consulting with First Nations and Indigenous Governing Bodies and to participate in the development of program delivery and/or protocol agreements as it relates to providing property guardian services to Indigenous children and youth.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a social science or related field. Preference may be given to applicants with a Master’s degree in a social science or related field.
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience providing progressive business leadership.
· Experience working with Indigenous communities, senior officials and organizations.
· Experience working with Indigenous children and youth.
· Experience in program/policy development in social services or a related field.
· Experience leading major projects.
For more information and to apply online by January 10, 2024, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/107460
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.