Website NIȽTU,O Child and Family Services Society
As the Associate Community Service Manager – Family Strengthening, you will be responsible for leading the planning and delivery of NIȽ TU,O Family Strengthening Programs. You will collaborate with the NIȽ TU,O Management to design and deliver Family Strengthening programs that meet the needs of our Coast Salish Communities. A summary of duties include the following:
- Perform staff supervision and performance management for six to eight Family Strengthening staff.
- Maintain relationships with our Coast Salish Communities and South Island Service agencies.
- Maintain a documented list of all Family Strengthening services delivered in the South Island and identify service gaps and overlaps.
- Develop the annual Family Strengthening program strategy that includes the ongoing evaluation of NIȽ TU,O programs and services.
- Develop new Family Strengthening programs as required.
- Promote awareness and drive utilization of NIȽ TU,O Family Strengthening programs.
- Collaborate on funding proposals for Family Strengthening services.
- You will report to the Executive Director and collaborate with the NIȽ TU,O Management team.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors of Social Work, or Masters in Social Work, or Bachelors of Art in Child and Youth Care, or Masters in Educational Counseling/Masters in Clinical Psychology.
- Four or more years of experience working with First Nations families & communities delivering Child and Family Services.
- Candidates must either have or be eligible to attain full delegation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to provide staff supervision and performance management.
- Computer literacy with MS Word, Excel, ICM, MIS
- Ability to write and present reports.
- In-depth knowledge of CFCSA and other related legislation
- Valid Driver’s license with a positive driver’s abstract and will be expected to travel for work.
- A clean Criminal Record Check required.
- Full vaccination required as per NIȽ TU,O COVID-19 Policy
- Lived experience as a member of an Indigenous community and/or Substantial cultural competencies with lived experience of engaging in and maintaining intercultural affiliations
- Practice rooted in social justice, Indigenous and anti-oppressive approaches to working with communities, families, and individuals
- In depth knowledge of the intergenerational trauma that occurs as a result of colonization, including the impacts of the Indian Act, Residential Schools Sixties Scoop, and other oppressive systems and structures.
Additional Information is available by reviewing the Associate Community Service Manager – Family Strengthening Job Posting on: www.niltuo.ca
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code.
NIȽTU,O Child and Family Services Society supports commitments of First Nation families in self-determination and decision-making processes over their own families and children. Our staff are committed to ensuring the safety of children, strengthening family relations, and enhancing the well-being of members of the South Vancouver Island First Nations.
To apply for this job please visit www.niltuo.ca.