Website Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services Society
Following the path of our ancestors
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is a Delegated Aboriginal Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning.
We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as a Social Work Assistant in the Prince George location.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Provide administrative assistance to the Child and Family Services Team
• Ensure physical and electronic child service and family service files are updated as per CFCSA and AOPSI Standards.
• Assist in completing court forms, referrals, and other forms as required by the Child & Family Services Team
• Provide support to youth receiving services through Youth Agreements and Independent Living Agreements as outlined by the Child and Family Services Manager
• Assist in organizing and coordinating visits between children in care and their families
• Coordinate meetings between community partners and the Child and Family Services Team to ensure the needs of children and families are met
• Assist in facilitating family and youth groups
• Provide transportation as needed
• Participate in Nezul Be Hunuyeh staff meetings, events and activities as directed
• Maintain documentation reflecting daily activities, work plan implementation, and required reporting
• Other duties assigned by the Child & Family Services Manager
The Successful applicant will:
• Possess a social work diploma or equivalent. Equivalent/relevant work experience may be considered.
• Have experience working with ICM/MIS and Best Practices
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office Software and computers
• Demonstrate strong written and interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrate the ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as well as independently
• Have knowledge of Dakelh Culture and the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh
Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES
PO BOX 1180 – 700 STUART DRIVE WEST
FORT ST. JAMES, BC, V0J 1P0
TEL: 250.996.6806 FAX: 250.996.6977
Closing Date: September 19, 2022, at 8:00am
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.