Website Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services Society
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES IS RECRUITING!
Culture Workers, Several New Job Openings
New Programs Launching in Fort St. James, Binche, Tache
Full-Time (35 hrs/wk)
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is a Delegated Aboriginal Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that the Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning.
We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as a Culture Worker. Under the supervision of the Culture Manager, the Culture Worker will assist with development and implementation of Cultural curriculum in the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Facilitate group programing working with children, youth, and adults assisting to develop life-skills and enhance social-emotional regulation through a cultural lens.
• Collaborate with community partners to assist in providing cultural programming.
• Assist in the organization and facilitation of the annual NBHCFSS cultural events.
• Integrate and promote Dakelh Culture and Language in daily program activities by working with knowledge keepers from the communities as required
• Maintain documentation reflecting daily activities, work plan, and reporting requirements.
The Successful applicant will demonstrate:
• The ability to work one-on-one and in groups with children, youth, and adults
• Flexibility in working hours; afterschool and evenings will be required
• The ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as well as independently.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of Dakelh Culture, awareness of Dakelh history and knowledge of the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh
Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
PO BOX 1180, 700 STUART DRIVE WEST
FORT ST. JAMES, BC V0J 1P0
Closing Date: May 15, 2022 at 11:59pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.