Website Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services Society
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is a Delegated Aboriginal Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that the Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning.
We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as a Culture Worker. Under the supervision of the Culture Manager, the Culture Worker will assist with development and implementation of Cultural curriculum in the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop and Co-Facilitate group programing, including evening and weekend hours.
• Connect with youth on a one-on-one basis to outline service goals and develop service plans to improve overall wellbeing.
• Work with youth (one-on-one and in groups) to develop life-skills and enhance social-emotional regulation through a cultural lens.
• Collaborate with community partners to assist in providing cultural programming.
• Assist in the organization and facilitation of the annual NBHCFSS cultural events.
• Integrate and promote Dakelh Culture and Language in daily program activities.
• Maintain documentation reflecting daily activities, work plan, and reporting requirements.
The Successful applicant will demonstrate:
• The ability to establish successful helping relationships with program participants.
• The ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as well as independently.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs,
• Knowledge of Dakelh Culture, awareness of Dakelh history and knowledge of the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh
Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
PO BOX 1180
700 STUART DRIVE WEST
FORT ST. JAMES, BC V0J 1P0
Closing Date: April 20, 2022 at 4:00pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.