Website Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services Society
Following the path of our ancestors
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is a Delegated Aboriginal Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that the Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning.
We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as an Early Years Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Manager of Children’s Services, the Early Years Coordinator will provide caregiver education and support at the Nak’azdli Tsibalyan T’o Program.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Develop, plan, and implement curriculum that promotes and supports Early Childhood and Parenting Development skills and learning
• Integration and promotion of Dakelh Culture and Language in daily program activities
• Plan, prepare and serve snack and lunch menus incorporating Canada Food Guidelines
• Transport program participants as required
• Operate within budgetary guidelines
• Organize and maintain comprehensive record of program inventory
• Establish supportive relationships with program participants
• Collaborate with Nezul Be Hunuyeh staff
• Participate at Nezul Be Hunuyeh staff meetings, events and activities and assist as required
• Maintain documentation reflecting daily activities, work plan implementation, and reporting requirements.
The Successful applicant will demonstrate:
• The ability to establish successful helping relationships with program participants
• The ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as well as independently
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Leadership and supervision skills
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs,
• Knowledge of Dakelh Culture, awareness of Dakelh history and knowledge of the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh
• Education and experience as an Early Childhood Educator; Certification or Diploma is preferred
Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
PO BOX 1180
700 STUART DRIVE WEST
FORT ST. JAMES, BC V0J 1P0
TEL: 250.996.6806 FAX: 250.996.6977
Closing Date: October 4, 2022 @ 4:00pm
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.