Website Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child & Family Services Society
Following the path of our ancestors
Nezul Be Hunuyeh is an Indigenous Child & Family Service Agency serving the communities of Nak’azdli Whut’en, Binche Whut’en, and Tl’azt’en Nation. We recognize that Nezul Be Hunuyeh head office is located on the shores of Nak’al Bun (Stuart Lake) on the Nak’azdli Territorial lands of the Dakelh peoples. Our Agency offers inclusivity, opportunities for growth, and opportunities for Cultural learning.
We are offering an opportunity to become part of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh team as a Family Service Worker. Under the supervision of the Child and Family Services Manager, the Family Service Worker will serve members who belong to the communities of Tl’azt’en Nation, Binche Whut’en, and Nak’azdli Whut’en. The Family Service Worker develops and implements intervention plans within program guidelines, provides information, support, referrals and facilitates life skills and parenting skill development to address identified issues related to family functioning.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Works with families to assess needs, provide support, and develop intervention plans
• Completes, reviews, and renews NBHCFS family plans
• Collaborates with other community services professionals involved
• Maintains regular contact with the Nation each family belongs to seek input and to share information
• Provide referrals and advocacy services as needed with service providers, social workers, landlord, health workers, school personnel
• Supports families during MCFD interactions and meetings
• Facilitates the development of parenting skill building through the provision of information, mentoring and teaching on topics such as parent child interaction, child development, discipline and guidance, structure and routines, behavior management
• Facilitates the development of life skill development on topics such as budgeting, nutrition, conflict resolution, problem solving, healthy relationships
• Maintains up to date file documentation
• Plans, develops, and facilitates the weekly NBH Family Service group
• Other related duties as identified or assigned by the NBH CFS Manager
The Successful applicant will:
• Have relevant education and experience, minimally a certificate or diploma in Social Work
• Demonstrates problem solving skills and strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office Software and computers
• Having experience working with Best Practices is an asset
• Demonstrate the ability to work successfully both as a member of the Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child and Family Services team as well as independently
• Have knowledge of Dakelh Culture and the communities served by Nezul Be Hunuyeh C&FSS
Applicant must agree to a Criminal Record Check and have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Indigenous ancestry is an asset.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
NEZUL BE HUNUYEH CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES PO BOX 1180 – 700 STUART DRIVE WEST
FORT ST. JAMES, BC, V0J 1P0
TEL: 250.996.6806 FAX: 250.996.6977
Closing Date: October 31, 2022, at 4:00pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.