Website Ministry of Public Guardian and Trustee
Ministry of Public Guardian and Trustee
There are currently 3 positions available. Due to the nature of the position, only people of Indigenous heritage who meet the qualifications for the position will be considered. Remote work is allowed, this position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia subject to an approved telework agreement. The locations listed on the online posting are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations. This is a developmental opportunity. Applicants will be appointed to the appropriate classification level based on their qualifications.
Guardianship and Trust Officer
$67,728.87 – $77,012.22 annually
The Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) is here to help citizens who may be incapable, are under the age of 19 or who are deceased. The PGT has the mandate to protect the legal and financial interests of children under the age of 19 years; protect the legal, financial, personal and healthcare interests of adults who need help with decision-making; and administer estates of deceased persons and missing persons. We are committed to creating a meaningful workplace culture that pursues truth and reconciliation. We put clients first when making decisions and act with the highest ethical, legal and personal standards. We value collaboration with clients, colleagues and partners and believe in the importance of relationships to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
Using a trauma-informed approach and taking into consideration the best interests of children, the Guardianship and Trust Officer is responsible for making child-centred decisions that protect and manage the legal and financial interests of children and youth as property guardians or as trustees.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor of Social Work. Degrees in social sciences discipline may be considered (e.g. psychology, sociology, education or related field)
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing direct front-line service to clients in a human services environment. At least one (1) year of that experience must involve working with children, youth or families.
- Experience in case management to effectively and independently manage a complex caseload.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities or other diverse groups is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience pertinent to the job may be considered to meet the qualifications.
For more information and to apply online by January 15, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/107660
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.