Website Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Multiple Locations (Remote)
Remote work is allowed; this position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia subject to an approved telework agreement.
$80,652.20 – $91,992.70 annually plus 3.3% temporary market adjustment
The Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Division leads the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation in improving economic and social outcomes for Indigenous People and giving effect to reconciliation with Indigenous People through the New Fiscal Relationship, key strategic initiatives and social and economic partnerships and collaboration with Indigenous Peoples.
The Senior Advisor leads the development of collaborative networks, innovative solutions and relationships across government with a particular focus on Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation. The Senior Advisor leads research and policy development and provides policy advice and recommendations. This position also provides key advice about engagement and consultation strategies with Indigenous Peoples and leads the development of innovative tools and resources that support the growth of Indigenous competencies across government.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years related experience*, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Related experience must include:
- working effectively with Indigenous communities and/or organizations
- building long-term, trust based, working relationships with Indigenous Peoples
- working in committee settings, preparing agendas and meeting materials and chairing meetings
- using communication technologies to lead effective networks and meetings
- lead initiatives about socio-economic Indigenous issues (examples could include health, housing, justice, education or other socio-economic areas of work)
- concisely and persuasively leading the preparation of a range of documents/content including correspondence, reports, visual presentations, briefing notes, reports, Cabinet and Treasury Board Submissions
- planning, coordinating and leading complex projects/assignments using project management tools and knowledge
- collaboratively leading socio-economic policy and/or legislation and/or programs’ initiatives
For more information and to apply online by August 23, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/103620
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.