Website Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family & Community Services Society
The Michif Family Support Worker will provide one-to-one outreach, support, and programming for Métis families who may or may not be involved with child welfare. Key responsibilities of the Michif Family Support Worker include:
• Work in partnership with families, early childhood development workers, mental health, social workers, Elders, and other members of a care team to develop support plans to promote child and family wellness, family reunification plans, reduce barriers and prevent more intrusive actions such as child apprehensions.
• Facilitate and co-facilitate family meetings.
• Support families to identify and build natural support networks.
• Develop, implement, and monitor family support plans and address challenges in a timely manner.
• Provide in-home support services to strengthen parenting capacity, implement positive behavioural strategies, and strengthen home structure, routine, and other identified parenting needs.
• Respond to and support other identified needs such as issues related to historical trauma, relationship breakdown, domestic violence, substance misuse, mental health, isolation, etc.
• Serve as a liaison for families with other community agencies and professionals.
• Organize honouring celebrations to recognize milestones and accomplishments.
• Support and promote practice that emphasizes the importance of cultural connections.
• Develop, facilitate, and evaluate culturally safe and trauma-informed programming.
• Complete documentation and reports following practice guidelines and reporting requirements.
• Works as a positive and supportive member of our Michif Team.
• Performs other duties as required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.