Website Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family & Community Services Society
Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family & Community Services (LMO) is currently seeking a qualified and energetic individual to join our Michif Early Years Learning Team to provide Aboriginal Supported Child Development Support and programming to children ages 0-5 and may be required to support children up to the age of 18. As a member of our Michif Early Years Learning Team, the ASCD Support Worker will also work collaboratively with our Michif Child Safety and Support Team to support the developmental needs of children who may or may not be involved with the child welfare system. In keeping with all services offered at LMO, the ASCD Support Worker will provide services in a manner consistent with the Society’s Vision and utilizing culturally safe and trauma informed practices.
Geographic Catchment Area:
Kamloops and surrounding area which is located on the unceded territory of the Secwépemcul’ecw and home of the Two Rivers Métis Society.
The Métis Early Years Manager
• Work as a team member to implement culturally safe child specific strategies, activities & plans for children and their families to best support the developmental needs of a child.
• Provide one-on-one support (physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual) to achieve healthy attachments and developmental milestones
• Plan, implement, and evaluate activities and support to meet goals and objectives of each individual child
• Support may occur in the family/caregiver’s residence, daycare/preschool/afterschool care or other community setting
• Complete and interpret development assessments and implement appropriate services and referrals to support healthy development.
• Develop and implement programs that reflect our Métis cultural teachings and practices to promote the positive infant development.
• Prepare reports as required.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
• Completion of a certificate or diploma in Early Childhood Education or related field; a combination of education and experience may be considered
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in ASCD/ECD related work.
• In depth knowledge of infant and early childhood developmental stages.
• Experience supporting children with trauma, autism, alcohol related neurological disorders and attachment challenges
• Extensive training and knowledge of children’s assessment tools.
• Strong knowledge of child development, attachment theories and possess relevant experience working in an inclusive childcare setting.
• Training and knowledge of a variety of child development assessment tools
• Knowledge of family centered practice demonstrate positive child-adult interactions & ensure agency Mission Statement, philosophies, policies and procedures are upheld.
• Cultural sensitivity and knowledge of Metis culture and history.
• The ability to maintain a positive, professional, non-judgmental attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• The ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Must successfully complete a criminal record check.
• Must hold a valid BC driver’s license and possess a reliable means of transportation.
• Valid child specific First Aid/CPR, or equivalent to meet licensing standards.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.