Website K’ómoks First Nation
About K’ómoks First Nation
We, the K’ómoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’ómoks First Nation ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for aiding with the financial management and controllership of the organization. financial activities undertaken by the Accounting Clerk will include keeping receipt of all payments, managing and securities, expending and disbursing money as authorized, keeping accurate records and full accounts of the financial affairs of the Nation, and compiling and supplying financial information to internal and external sources when required.
Note: This will be a full-time, permanent position.
What you will be doing
- Data entry related to both accounts payable and receivable
- Receiving and organizing purchase orders, processing vendor invoices, preparing cheque payments for authorized expenditures
- Payroll support
- Processing payment receipts, balances daily cash, and prepares bank deposits
- Maintaining information and data related to preparing financial reports
- Providing input on modifications or improvements to financial policies, procedures and practices at K’ómoks
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
What you will need
- a minimum of three (3) years accounting, cash handling and financial services experience in a similar position
- a degree, diploma, or certification in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience working in an indigenous environment is preferred
- Experience with accounting software packages such as Quickbooks, Great Plains, Diamond, Adagio, or Xyntax.
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
If this opportunity to work with a growing indigenous organization appeals to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We value employment equity and prioritize applications from indigenous applicants, and especially encourage those living within the K’omoks First Nation to apply. If you have any questions about the job posting or the process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.