Website K’ómoks First Nation
About K’omoks First Nation
We, the K’omoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’omoks First Nation ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
About the Role
Reporting to the Guardian Managers, the Guardian Watchman will participate in the field work within the K’ómoks territory doing terrestrial, marine, and freshwater-related work. The Guardian Watchman serve as additional eyes and ears in the K’ómoks territory. Working with crew as a team, the candidate will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to protecting the health of terrestrial and aquatic-based resources within the K’ómoks Territory.
What you will need
- Swiftwater Rescue training is preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Familiarity with resource management, rules, and regulations
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience travelling throughout the territory, including by boat (specifically knowledge of navigating through rough terrain, turbulent waters)
- Boating experience required (minimum 2 years) – Skipper experience is an asset
- Knowledge of local marine and terrestrial species and Fish identification is an asset
- This role will require the candidate to work primarily outdoors in different weather conditions, working near or in the water
If this opportunity to work with a growing, indigenous organization appeals to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We value employment equity and prioritize applications from indigenous applicants, and especially encourage those living within the K’omoks First Nation to apply. If you have any questions about the job posting or the process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.