K'omoks First Nation
About K’ómoks First Nation
We, the K’ómoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’ómoks First Nation (KFN) ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Chief and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), and the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer to ensure that the business development, operational, and office management are carried out effectively and efficiently. This role is responsible for including (but not limited to) managing scheduling and calendars, travel arrangements, taking minutes in meetings, assisting with projects, and corresponding with the community.
Note: This will be a full-time, permanent, in office position.
What you will be doing
- Creating agendas, arranging travel for Chief and Council and assisting with projects.
- Supporting writing Band Council resolutions (BCRs), supporting the drafting of policies, BCRs, support letters, and intergovernmental correspondence.
- Managing communications for the office to the community.
- Responding to inquiries from the community, answering questions, and scheduling meetings with K’ómoks staff and community members.
- Attending Council meetings and taking meeting minutes.
- Organizing and maintaining office filing system in conjunction with Deputy CAO.
- Aiding with data management software for record keeping and fully understanding KFN filing system.
- Supporting Chief and Council, CAO and Deputy CAO with leading ad hoc projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you will need
- Degree or diploma in related field preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced administrative role.
- Executive assistant experience preferred.
- Experience working in and with the Indigenous community is an asset.
If this opportunity to work with a growing indigenous organization appeals to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We value employment equity and prioritize applications from indigenous applicants, and especially encourage those living within the K’omoks First Nation to apply. If you have any questions about the job posting or the process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.