K'omoks First Nation
About K’ómoks First Nation
We, the K’ómoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’ómoks First Nation (KFN) ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Health Manager the Elders Coordinator will provide support to elders in the community and develop and coordinate cultural programs and events as well as work on various related activities and projects. This role is an important support for building relationships with the community and ensuring health advocacy.
Note: This will be a full-time, permanent position.
What you will be doing
· Building relationships with the elder community.
· Providing health education information, and distributing resources and referring services for personal hygiene, nutrition, and safe food handling.
· Executing programs, events, and activities for elders.
· Working closely with the Lush Valley Chef and delivering hot meals to elder members.
· Assisting the Health Manager with writing grant proposals to secure funding.
· Supporting the Health Manager with the delivery of client care to elderly people.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
What you will need
· A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an administrative role within a similar environment.
· Completion of a High School Diploma.
· Experience in event facilitation, planning, budgeting, and reporting.
· First Aid Level C with CPR Certification.
· Food Safe Certification.
· WHIMIS Certification.
· Class 4 Drivers License.
· Applied Suicide Interventions Skills Training (ASIST).
· Experience working in an indigenous environment preferred.
· This will be a full-time, permanent, in-office position.
If this opportunity to work with a growing indigenous organization appeals to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We value employment equity and prioritize applications from indigenous applicants, and especially encourage those living within the K’omoks First Nation to apply. If you have any questions about the job posting or the process, please reach out to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.