K'omoks First Nation
About K’ómoks First Nation
We, the K’ómoks people, envision a prosperous and healthy Nation, in which we exercise our rights and title throughout our territory, honouring our people, lands, waters, cultures and languages. K’ómoks First Nation (KFN) ensures the well-being and self-sufficiency in all aspects of our Nation by asserting our rights and title while upholding our members.
In this role, the Administrative Assistant will support both the K’omoks First Nation band office and community, working under the direction of the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), engaging in general clerical duties and office maintenance.
What You Will Be Doing
- Minute taking for various meetings, committees, and community events.
- The upkeep of digital and paper filings systems in partnership with the Deputy CAO
- Filling in as the receptionist as requested
- Coordinating travel arrangements for Chief and Council and department staff
- Assisting staff and departments with basic IT related tasks including setting up webcams, trouble shooting printer issues, etc.
- Helping manage calendars for staff and Chief and Council
- Attending community events to set up projectors, tables, and other materials.
- Assisting in the coordination of community events
- Other duties as required
What You Will Need
- 1-2 years’ of experience working in an office setting
- High school diploma
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working in and with the Indigenous community an asset
- This will be a full-time, permanent, in-office position.
If this opportunity to work with a growing indigenous organization appeals to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter to here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We value employment equity and prioritize applications from indigenous applicants, and especially encourage those living within the K’omoks First Nation to apply. If you have any questions about the job posting or the process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.