Website Island Metis Family & Community Services Society
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society provides a variety of support programs to Métis children and families living in the greater Victoria area. Currently, IMFCSS is accepting employment applications for the following position.
(Full-Time, Permanent position)
• College level certificate or diploma in Human Resources Management.
• Certificate or Diploma in business administration, office management or a related field.
• Knowledge of Indigenous cultural practices, traditions and contemporary issues affecting Indigenous peoples, preferably Métis and a willingness to learn.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data.
• Demonstrated effective teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills and ability to work collaboratively with multi-professional groups, professionals, the general public and Indigenous people.
• Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing work environments. Ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines including effectively managing emergency situations is an ongoing expectation of this position.
• Excellent planning, organizing, controlling and administrative skills.
• Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record review, police record check and other reference checks.
• In depth computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft office suite.
• One to three years of experience in office and financial management.
• One to three years of progressively more responsible experience in the Human Resource field with a demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Human Resources programs and services with applicable legislation and policies.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• At the office of Island Métis Family & Community Services Society, at 345 Wale Road, Victoria
This position is excluded from union membership. Hourly rate starts at $30.00 per hour. Normal schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, may include other hours based on agency need.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet the qualifications for this position to:
Melanie Hudson, Executive Director
This posting is open until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.