Website Island Metis Family & Community Services Society
Registered Clinical Counsellor
(Full Time, One Year Contract)
Minimum qualifications, ALL of which must be met in order to be considered for the position:
· Master’s degree in counselling psychology.
· Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and contemporary issues affecting Indigenous peoples, preferably Métis.
· Excellent organizational, record-keeping and management skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of local community support resources.
· Knowledge of traditional Métis healing circles and practices.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
· Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record review, police record check and other reference checks.
· Two years recent, and directly related, experience.
· Registration with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
· At the office of Island Métis Family & Community Services Society, located at 345 Wale Road, Victoria on a rotating schedule.
A complete Job Description can be provided upon request.
This position requires union membership. Hourly rate starts at $37.66 based on the Paraprofessional Grid 16 – Step 1 pending JJEP classification. Normal schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, with the schedule to be set in collaboration with the Executive Director and based on program need.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet all of the above qualifications for this position to:
Kelly Lord – Kelly@metis.ca
Posting of this employment opportunity ends at 4:30 PM on April 16, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.