Website BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Position: Training Coordinator
Organization: BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (negotiable)
Hours: Full Time, Permanent: 37.5 hours/week
Deadline: June 28th, 2021 – 5:00pm
Start Date: As soon as possible
BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) has been the provincial umbrella organization for the non-profit housing sector for nearly 30 years. We serve more than 500 members, including non-profit housing societies, businesses, individuals, partners and stakeholders, with education and professional development opportunities, research and advocacy, and asset management services. BC’s non-profit housing societies manage more than 60,000 units of long-term, affordable housing in over 2,500 buildings across the province.
BCNPHA provides a broad range of training, education and professional development services to assist non-profits in developing and delivering high quality affordable housing to British Columbians. BCNPHA’s Education Department leads this work for the Association through developing and delivering a range of capacity building and professional development opportunities for non-profit housing providers across the province. BCNPHA is looking for a Training Coordinator to join their team. The Training Coordinator will support the education activities of the Association by coordinating webinars, online learning events, professional development workshops and annual conferences. The ideal candidate is creative and forward thinking, able to bring their innovative thinking to creating exciting and impactful learning experiences for our members.
· In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Education, assess the professional development needs of professionals working in the sector and develop an annual training schedule which can include webinars, workshops, courses, discussion panels, etc.
· Lead the planning and coordination of the Online Learning Events programming. This includes scheduling the delivery of training initiatives for non-profit housing agencies, seeking out and contracting of speakers, and evaluation of sessions.
· Identify emerging trends within the non-profit housing sector in order to proactively address the training needs of non-profit housing providers across the province.
· Work in partnership with the events and communication team for successful delivery and promotion of training initiatives.
· Develop a promotion strategy for Online Learning Event initiatives.
· Facilitate and deliver learning events, courses, and workshops as required.
· Be part of the conference and regional events planning team, including coordinating speakers, program development, data entry, event evaluation and general event support.
· Relevant post-secondary education and at least five years related experience in increasingly responsible positions.
· Clear understanding of the principles of adult education.
· 2 – 3 years’ experience in planning and organizing workshops and professional development events for a wide range of audiences.
· Experience in face to face and virtual facilitation.
· Strong written communications skills and experience in producing training and resource materials.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
· Highly developed organizational skills with ability to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to create cooperative and productive working relationships with non-profit agencies, staff and speakers.
· Knowledge of the non-profit housing sector is an asset.
· A proven team player
· High level of computer literacy and knowledge in order to successfully organize and deliver virtual events is required.
Compensation & Working Conditions
· Family friendly work hours
· A diverse team in a sociable, professionally rewarding work environment
· Some travel throughout British Columbia required once pandemic restrictions lift
· A comprehensive extended health and dental benefits package for you and your dependants
· Salary: $53,000 to $55,000 commensurate on experience plus, benefits after 3 months’ probation period.
· 3% RRSP contribution
· Reports to BCNPHA Senior Manager, Education
· Will work with cross-departmental, internal teams, and a range of external partners
· BCNPHA’s main office is located in Vancouver BC, however, working location is negotiable
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume by June 28th at 5 p.m. to Susana Guardado, Senior Manager, Education – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.