At IPS green thinking is a part of our everyday work culture. We believe passionately about being mindful of our impact on our environment. Every day we strive to conserve power, do our best to reduce, reuse, recycle, and rethink! Walking a sustainable path is important to us and we are humbled and excited to be recognized for yet another year!
Thank you, Vancouver Island Green Business Collective and Surfrider Foundation Vancouver Island for helping us stay accountable to our planet, our First Nations communities and our lands and waters. Below are some of our Green Highlights:
- No single use products purchased for staff kitchen supplies (e.g. coffee cartridges, sugar packages, stir sticks)
- Purchasing policy that all new office equipment and appliances are to be ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Environmental sustainability is incorporated into the hiring process, employee orientations, and training programs
- Reusable dishware is provided in place of disposable cups, plates, cutlery, etc.
- All food waste and soiled paper are composted