IPS is pleased to be offering online training in June 2020. Family Support Worker Training will be offered June 16th-18th. Designated Representative Training has been RESCHEDULED for October 14th-15th. And there will be a three hour Recruitment and Retention of Indigenous People webinar offered June 30th. Please click below to learn more.
- Family Support Worker Training – June 16th-18th
Family Support Worker (FSW) Training provides Indigenous Child and Family Service Agencies the knowledge and skills needed for FSW to establish respectful, collaborative relationships with community members. This 3 day online training experience explores both personal and professional values along with understanding the elements of a collaborative practice. For more information or to register click here.
- Designated Representative Training – RESCHEDULED (next session offered October 14 & 15, 2020)
Designated Representative Training offers an opportunity to learn about and explore the important role of the Designated Representative. Participants will be encouraged to consider how their function may be utilized to promote the safety and well-being of children and to ensure that the rights of children to culture and community are respected and upheld by the court. For more information or to register click here.
- Recruitment and Retention of Indigenous Staff – June 30th
Attend this 3 hour Recruitment and Retention Webinar to learn:
- Best practices to support Indigenous staff
- Improve Indigenous employment practices and outcomes
- Develop an understanding of job postings that attract Indigenous
people and ‘screening in’ as opposed to ‘screening out’
- Understand the interview process and learn successful approaches
- Explore how to build capacity of Indigenous peoples at work
- How to Incorporate cultural reflections in the workplace
For more information or to register please click here.