As the COVID-19 situation continues, Indigenous Perspectives Society is taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our participants, staff and community. As of March 18, 2020, our offices have been closed to the public. Please contact us via email as our phones are not attended at this time.
Some upcoming IPS training events are being postponed and rescheduled. If you are currently registered for training you will be contacted. IPS appreciates your patience, cooperation and continued support at this time. IPS staff will continue to work from home in order to maintain physical distancing protocols and encourage everyone to keep safe by doing the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid being in physical contact with others who are unwell, and, if you are unwell stay home.
- Practice social distancing – keep at least one or two meters between you and other people.
- If you have having symptoms – fever, cough, or difficulty breathing – call 811 and self–isolate.
- If you have recently travelled outside of Canada, self-isolate at home for at least 14 days.
A link to COVID-19 Public Service Announcements in Indigenous languages: https://bit.ly/33tkJ5K
Canadian Government Health link: Canada.ca/coronavirus
BC Centre for Disease Control link: http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
Thank you for helping us keep each other healthy. Please keep children safe, reassure them and help them to understand what is happening and what they can do to protect themselves and others around them.