Indigenous Perspectives Society and Stream of Consciousness
On November 7, 2018, with the support of Stream of Consciousness and Sunset Labs, Indigenous Perspectives Society is pleased to bring together speakers and performance artists for an evening exploring key efforts in response to the Calls to Action of the Reconciliation Commission.
For this sharing session, Indigenous Perspectives Society is pleased to bring together speakers, performance artists, and screen a short film to explore key efforts in response to the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We are fortunate to host “Perspectives To Action” on the traditional territories of the Lekwungen peoples.
*You can attend this event in person or live stream from anywhere! Information below.*
- Eddy Charlie, co-organizer of Victoria’s Orange Shirt Day with Kristen Spray, speaking about Residential School
- Dr. Jane Dickson, Law Professor at Carlton University and Instructor at Indigenous Perspectives Society, speaking about the Justice system and the Gladue Process
We are also pleased to present:
- Rachelle Dallaire, Executive Director of Indigenous Perspectives Society
- Charlie Batchelor, Indigenous Perspective Society’s Youth Representative
Dance and Musical Performances:
- Eddi Wilson, Two Spirit performance artist
- Aurora Finkle, musician
- A Short Film featuring Laurie McDonald, Two Spirit Elder and Instructor at Indigenous Perspectives Society
Ways to be part of this event:
- In person at the Sunset Labs by registering for “Perspectives to Action: Stream of Consciousness Event” and purchasing your ticket here under Training and Workshops
- Live streaming: Enjoy this event wherever you are by registering for the Live Stream
- There are reserved FREE tickets for youth up to 18 years old.